Hotel Earl, formerly known as the Lodge, will begin construction on July 2, 2018 immediately following our ground-breaking. Updates will be made regularly on this page.
Construction Update – July 7, 2018
- 90% of the interior of the hotel is now gutted.
- Security fencing is up around the building and all usable furnishings were donated to the Bergman Center of Charlevoix.
- Beginning next week, demolition of the pool and park lot are to begin. The hotel will feature an indoor pool where the previous one was, but the outdoor pool will be gone.
Construction Update – July 27, 2018
Demo continues at Hotel Earl.
- The majority of the interior of the hotel is gutted.
- The old pool building, that hasn’t been in use in almost 25 years, is now undergoing major demo. The second floor of that section of the building has been torn down, in order to rebuild the pool area to code.
- We expect to begin some framing and foundation work in the coming weeks.
- Our design team continues to work on the final plans of this exceptional project.
Construction Update – August 9, 2018
- Courtyard windows have been framed in and roof extensions have been cut off to make room for the construction of the 3rd floor.
- The previous indoor pool building has been torn down to make way for the new indoor pool and fitness room.
Construction Update – August 17, 2018
- Footings for the exterior hallway wall are being poured
Construction Update – September 10, 2018
- Second floor framing is almost completed on the north side
- Footings poured for the exterior walls and framing starts Monday. Our hallways will be enclosed for the first time.
- Barrier free rooms are being reconfigured for ease of use
Construction Update – September 18, 2018
- Trusses for the 3rd floor roof arrived
- Framing/Installation of the hallways is underway
- Third floor blocking is underway with the walls going in this week
- Grading of the parking lot
Construction Update – December 5, 2018
- Framing and plumbing are almost complete on half the building
Construction Update – December 19, 2018
- Windows are being installed this week
Construction Update – January 14, 2019
- With the addition of the third floor, we had to extend the turrets.
Construction Update – February 12, 2019
- Construction on the pool area has started
Construction Update – March 29, 2019
- Steel went up in the pool area
- Foundation has been poured for the front office area
- Witches hats got restored at Charlevoix’s J Arnold Painting
Construction Update – April 10 , 2019
- Witches hats are done being painted and back in their original spots
Construction Update – April 18, 2019
- Steel for the hot tub and patio has been set
- Started work on the bathrooms
- Work on the rooms over the pool area is coming along
- Drywall on the third floor
Construction Update – May 10, 2019
- Our new sign went up on the beaver stone
- Work on the elevator shaft has started
- 3rd floor is primed and ready