Hotel Earl, formerly known as the Lodge, will begin construction on July 2, 2018 immediately following our ground-breaking. Updates will be made regularly on this page and our blog.
Construction Update – July 7, 2018
- 90% of the interior of the hotel is now gutted.
- Security fencing is up around the building and all usable furnishings were donated to the Bergman Center of Charlevoix.
- Beginning next week, demolition of the pool and park lot are to begin. The hotel will feature an indoor pool where the previous one was, but the outdoor pool will be gone.
Construction Update – July 27, 2018
Demo continues at Hotel Earl.
- The majority of the interior of the hotel is gutted.
- The old pool building, that hasn’t been in use in almost 25 years, is now undergoing major demo. The second floor of that section of the building has been torn down, in order to rebuild the pool area to code.
- We expect to begin some framing and foundation work in the coming weeks.
- Our design team continues to work on the final plans of this exceptional project.